Zalikah & Rebecca's Main
LAMB RACKS & COUSCOUS WITH CARROT PUREEWHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 bags couscous
- ½ handful raisins
- ½ a red onion
- 2 Tb chicken stock
- 9 lamb racks
- Salt& pepper
- 9 carrots
- 1 ½ tsp olive oil
- Crushed garlic
WHAT TO DO:
1) Preheat your oven to 180°C
2) Put a small pot with ¾ of water on the stove to boil
3) Add 2 Tb of powdered chicken stock to the water
4) Open 1 ½ packets of couscous into a sauce pan. Once water has boiled add ½ the water into the couscous. Mix well with a wooden spoon and then put the lid on.
5) With the ¼ of water left, cut the 9 carrots into small pieces and put it in the small pot until soft. If the carrots aren't submerged into the water add some boiled or hot water.
6) Cut the white strip off the lamb shank then season them.
7) Check on the couscous and mix it well and make sure there are no lumps.
8) Put the lamb shanks into a hot pan and slowly turn on each side until golden burnt brown.
9) Take the lamb racks off the heat and put them on a oven rack in the oven and leave for about 5-10 mins.
10) Dice ½ of a red onion and chuck it in the pan with the remaining juices along with the raisins and 1 tsp of garlic. Add one quarter cup water and let it sauté for 10-20 seconds.
11) Dice up some parsley.
12) Add the saute mix in with the couscous.
13) Take the carrots off the head and put them into a bowl.
14) Use a hand blender to blend the carrots until they are smooth. Add in some cajun, salt & pepper.
15) Take the lamb shanks out of the oven and present them with the couscous & carrot puree.