Party Favours: Dough Decorations
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fine salt
- ½ to ¾ cup water
- Spoons or spatulas
- Measuring cups
- Mixing container
WHAT TO DO:
1) In a basin, mix two cups flour and 1 cup of salt
2) The amount of water needed ranges between ½ cup to ¾ cup – start with ½ cup and add a bit more in the next step
3) Mix and knead, adding a bit more water if the dough is too tough and dry. The dough should be firm but still workable
4) Mould the shape you want and before you put it into the oven to harden, use a pencil or kebab stick to make a hole at the top for threading!
5) Using oven mitts bake it in the oven at 100 degrees celcius for about 10 minutes
- Make sure you have someone older to help you when you are in the kitchen.
- Always check with someone older before you put anything in to a microwave or oven to make sure it is safe.