Make sure you’ve
got someone older helping you with this!
Cut behind the head.
2. Turn knife and slice along the backbone.
3. Grab a bit of skin and pull the fillet up take your knife to
the ribcage and slice through it.
4. Cut out ribcage from fillet.
5. Other side – flip over fish – cut behind the head but this
time reverse what you did for the first fillet – cut thru ribcage towards backbone.
6. Remove ribcage from second fillet.
7. Change knife for skinning. Keep knife still and use the skin
as a lever to remove skin.
8. Feel for the bone in each fillet. Remove by cutting each
side of bone and pulling out.