Vintage Message Board
WHAT YOU NEED:
• Old painting
• Spray paint with gloss finish
• Chalk board paint
• Sponge brush
• Paint tape
• Mask (to cover protect mouth and nose from paint fumes)
• Old apron or overalls
WHAT TO DO:
• Lay painting on flat surface over newspaper in open area.
• Spray frame with spray paint. NB: It is best to do about 10 long thin coats than 1 quick, drippy coat. Take it slow and do it well - don’t be impatient or it will end up bumpy & patchy. Leave to dry.
• Seal inner edges of frame with paint tape.
• Using sponge brush, cover painting area with chalk paint being careful not to apply to thickly and make it clumpy.
• Leave it to dry for a 3-4 hours – or a whole day depending on the weather and voila!