WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 ¼ cups of all purpose flour
- ¾ cups of sugar
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp of cocoa powder
- ¾ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp of red food colouring
- ½ tsp of white vinegar
- ½ tsp of vanilla essence
- ¾ cup of low fat milk
- ¼ cup of plain yoghurt
WHAT TO DO:
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Line a muffin pan with cupcake papers.
3. In a mixing bowl sift flour, sugar, baking soda, cocoa
4. In a large bowl gently beat the oil, eggs, food
colouring, vinegar, vanilla, milk and yogurt with an electric mixer.
5. Add the sifted ingredients to the wet mix and mix until
smooth and thoroughly combined.
6. Next up what you want to do is spoon these into the
cupcake papers using a teaspoon, and bake them for around 20 minutes.
While you let the cupcakes cool down you can get started on
making the icing.
1. Add a cup of icing sugar into a bowl.
2. Gradually add hot water until you get the right
consistency, and then add few drops of red natural food colouring.
3. Using the back of a teaspoon, smear
the icing onto your cupcakes!