by Faith-Ashleigh Wong
My fellow Gleeks, season four is nearly upon us! With ten days to go, here are ten things I am so excited and cannot wait for this season: (in no particular order)
1. New characters. I am excited to see how and where new students Kitty and Marley will fit in to the glee club universe. We will also be introduced to Jake, Puck's younger half-brother. I sense some sibling rivalry very akin to Blaine and Cooper last season!
2. Returning characters. Hooray, The Glee Project Season 1 co-winners will still be around! Damian McGinty (Rory) and Samuel Larson (Joe) have both surpassed their contracted seven-episode arcs but it looks like they have not quite outstayed their welcome at McKinley High. Runner-up Alex Newell is said to also be returning as Wade "Unique" Adams.
3. The Glee Project Season 2 winner! The finale airs this week but some of you may already know who won (I do!) – I won't spoil it for those who still don't know but I will say that the winner will be joining the Glee cast from episode five.
4. Celebrity guest stars. Sarah Jessica Parker will play Isabelle Klempt, Kurt's mentor while Kate Hudson is Cassandra July, Rachel's dance teacher at NYADA. And of course, Whoopi Goldberg will be making appearances throughout the season as the intimidating NYADA dean, Carmen Tibedeaux. This is going to be a star-studded season!
5. Couples, couples, couples. Who will still be together and who will have gone their separate ways? Will there be any new romances? I have a feeling there may be trouble in paradise for "Klaine" – though I love them to bits! And what about "Finchel"? Is there any hope at all after that heartbreaking break up and with Rachel at NYADA and Finn joining the army?
6. New songs and tribute episodes! I am most looking forward to the Britney 2.0 episode! Some songs have already been released to the Glee fandom – Adele's Chasing Pavements, Carly Rae Jepsen's Call Me Maybe and Tears For Fears' Everybody Wants To Rule The World to name but a few – and if that selection is anything to go by, we are in for a musical treat!
7. Momma Sue. Coach Sylvester will have given birth by the time McKinley High is back in action and I am really excited to see Sue juggle being a teacher, a mother and (still) all 'round badass. I am also really looking forward to seeing her and former nemesis, Coach Roz Washington join forces this season to take down Principal Figgins.
8. Life after McKinley for the graduates. I am both curious and anxious to see how the new season will alternate between the goings on at McKinley High and (for example) how Rachel is doing in New York. I do feel it will be a welcome change of scene and pace and refreshing to see more exterior shots and on-location scenes – mix things up a bit and all that!
9. Cast reshuffle. I can't wait to see where everyone's characters are going this season. Chord Overstreet (Sam) has been promoted to a series regular while Dianna Agron and Harry Shum Jr. (Mike Chang) will sadly be appearing less frequently. There doesn't seem to be anything yet on the future of Sebastian Smythe and the Warblers. And what about Karofsky?
10. And finally: Rachel Berry in that amazing white dress. It is absolutely stunning and looks like it could swallow her whole. I am intrigued and want to know more!
So that's me. What is everyone else excited for?!