by Faith-Ashleigh Wong
After surviving the horrors of a violent home invasion, Vivien wants out. Despite having all of their money tied to the house, she still begins to take the steps to leave but is it too late?
Ten signs your home is a Murder House and you need to get out
1. Your house is broken in to by a trio of serial killer enthusiasts who have done so to re-enact the murders that occurred in your house.
2. Your realtor is on edge, is discouraging and clearly looks like she knows more than she's letting on when you tell her you want to sell the house.
3. On checking with other realtors, you find out that all of them have stayed well away from being associated with the house due to its reputation.
4. You begin to drift out of consciousness only to find yourself in a dream-like state where you have mysteriously ended up in the backyard with bloodied hands.
5. You go to wash your hands only to find your seductress maid scrubbing blood off the floor and telling you not to worry as she "gets the stains".
6. Your next hazy encounter sees you come to again in the backyard and this time with a shovel handy. An ominous sign if I ever saw one.
7. On checking in with a doctor, you are told that your system somehow contains a drug that was banned in the 30s and which causes memory loss.
8. Every time you go for a run, the same creepy disfigured man who previously lived in the house keeps showing up and repeatedly tells you to get out of the house.
9. This same man turns up seemingly coincidentally at the right time and kills your former mistress...with the shovel. What did I say about ominous?
10. The sure-fire sign your house is a murder house: it is a stop on the "eternal darkness" tour and is known, according to the tour guide, as – you guessed it – the murder house.
It's becoming apparent that the house seems to have a life of its own and is determined to keep its occupants in its chilly grasp. Welcome to the "world of death, rot and regret", Harmon family.
This week's Top Horror Stories:
- We find out what really happened to Moira, why she appears differently to different people and why she is forever attached to the house.
- We learn more about Dr. Charles Montgomery, the man who built the house and the sick and twisted "reign of terror" he and his socialite wife Nora orchestrated.
- Vivien meets Nora in the flesh but doesn't know who she really is. Judging by that closing scene, the Harmons have found themselves a new ghostly house guest.
- Hayden is back with an ultimatum for Ben but meets a sticky end. Considering Moira is still around having been murdered in the house and buried on the grounds, I have a feeling Hayden will do the same too. Get ready to be haunted, Ben.