Taco Cupcakes and Carrot Salad
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 400g lean mince
- 1 pack of Taco Seasoning mix (we used Old El Paso)
- 1 pack of whole meal burritos
- 1 can of chili beans (we used mild, go hot if you dare)
- 36 Tortilla chips
- 1 cup of grated Edam cheese
- Lite sour cream
- 1 diced orange capsicum
- 2 diced tomatoes
- Handful of coriander
- Pepper to season
WHAT TO DO:
1. The first step is to preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
2. Spray 18 normal sized muffin tins.
3. Brown the beef in a pan.
4. Add the taco seasoning mix and water (called for on the seasoning packet) and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
5. Cut burritos into 4 quarters.
6. Place a burrito piece at the bottom of each hole.
7. Layer about 1 tbsp of beans over each burrito.
8. Crush a tortilla chip over the top of each.
9. Top with 1 tbsp of meat and ½ tbsp of cheese.
10. Repeat the layers again.
11. Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
12. Remove cupcakes from the tins.
13. Top with sour cream, diced tomato, capsicum and coriander.
- Top the cupcakes with whatever your favourite topping is.
Mix all ingredients in a bowl:
- 4 medium carrots grated
- ¼ cup of raisins
- ½ a red onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup of parsley
- The juice of 1 orange