Competition Rules Terms and Conditions
‘Pickled Possum’ means Pickled Possum Productions Ltd and all brands and productions controlled by or associated with this entity.
‘Disqualified Participants’ are:
(a) all Pickled Possum employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families;
‘Immediate Families’ include spouses, Grandparents, Parents, Children, and Grandchildren whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
1. These Competition Rules (‘the Rules’) apply to all Pickled Possum Competitions (collectively ‘the competition’) conducted on or off air and by means of any medium – radio, television, print, telephone or computer. The Rules may change from time to time.
2. If a particular Competition has specific rules or terms those specific rules or terms will apply if there is any inconsistency with the Rules.
3. Unless otherwise stated in the above mentioned specific rules or terms, registration or entry is limited to 1 per person. Where multiple entries are acceptable, each must be made as a separate entry.
4. Entry into the Competition is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority (for example from the bill payer or owner of a telephone) to enter the Competition.
5. The Competition is open to New Zealand Residents only. Disqualified Participants may not enter in the Competition.
6. Pickled Possum reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Competition on reasonable grounds.
7. Pickled Possum reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who Pickled Possum decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules, gained unfair advantage in participating in the competition or won using fraudulent means.
8. By participating, entrants grant Pickled Possum exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, videos, voices and likeness in connection with the Competition and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
Winning the Prize:
10. Only the person who originally entered the Competition can be awarded the prize (‘the Winner’).
11. The Winner will be determined either by random draw or judged on criteria of the competition.
12. The judge’s determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Winner will be notified by email, phone (voice or text) or mail and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by Pickled Possum.
13. Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text or email notification – active, through to and beyond the date of the Competition’s completion. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (eg when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone after three attempts or mail sent is returned) the judge will select another winner. If, after successful notification, the prize is not collected within two months of being announced or is returned to sender it will be regarded as forfeit. (Note: 3 attempts of contact will include individual calls to any numbers provided at the time of entry. However, should the prize’s total worth equal less than NZD$250 and be a live-to-air draw, only one failed attempt at contact will be acceptable before the judge selects another winner.)
14. The prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner’s behalf. In the event that the prize specified in the Competition becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value. Where the prize incorporates air travel, unless otherwise specified the air travel is economy class.
15. Where the Winner is required to claim the prize in person they must provide proper identification (eg driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate). If the Winner is under the age of 18 years their parent or guardian must give their prior written consent to the award of the prize.
16. The Winner takes the prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies Pickled Possum in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the prize.
Pickled Possum Responsibility
17. Pickled Possum reserves the right to extend or discontinue a Competition at any stage, for any reason.
18. Pickled Possum disclaims any responsibility for the inability to enter, complete or continue the Competition due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, Acts of God or otherwise.
19. To the fullest extent permitted by law Pickled Possum will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Competition entry or winning the Competition prize.
20. Participation in the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Pickled Possum Productions Limited
tel. +64 9 376 7780
2A Fitzroy St, Ponsonby, Auckland, New Zealand
PO Box 68961, Newton, Auckland 1032, New Zealand