by Faith-Ashleigh Wong
This season just keeps getting better and better! That tribal council was brutal – if you were Abi, that is! Oh how the tables have turned... Just goes to show that anything can happen on Survivor.
- I like the direction Michael's going in the game. Yes aligning with Malcolm might make it harder for him to win but Malcolm is certainly a more deserving person to take to the end. Like Denise said, it should be about taking the best to the finals not a weak player just so you can win by default.
- The Abi-Lisa confrontation was surprisingly and uncharacteristically civil. I can't believe the nerve of Abi to play the whole "but you were with us from the beginning" card. I'm glad Lisa was not easily swayed and it was quite refreshing to see her be so open and honest about moving forwards with Kalabow, even if it means being at the bottom of the totem pole.
- How much did you want to punch Abi when she was going on and on and ON about the reward?! It's amazing how oblivious some people can be – that and an absolute lack of social skills. I couldn't believe she had the gall to say she refused to do any more cooking but was still expecting to be fed!
- I must say I was quite surprised that Jonathan was so candid in his unwillingness to commit to any "to the end" promises. He's been very clever and calculative with his strategy talk around camp so I thought this was strangely off guard of him.
- Though ultimately in vain, Pete definitely made a valiant attempt scrambling to save himself. I thought the strategy he had to take out both idols and a huge threat to the game by voting out Malcolm was a really good one. It looked like Michael nearly bought it too.
- And of course, THE highlight of the episode has got to be tribal council! Abi was not only in the hot seat but was absolutely torn to shreds... This is going to sound terrible but I didn't feel sorry for her at all – she deserved it, in my opinion. She has been the villain of the season and it was nothing short of sweet justice to see her get a taste of her own medicine.
- With Pete gone, Abi's just a dead (wo)man walking. Unless she wins immunity, she's pretty much a sitting duck. Frankly I doubt she will do much scrambling at this point as I think it's too little too late. But then again someone who REALLY wanted to win AT ALL COSTS would try to think of a way to keep her in the game only to take her to the end for an easy win.
- I would really like to see Lisa make it to the end with the two returning Survivors and it looks like Lisa really wants that to happen too. She has voiced that she trusts Jonathan over Malcolm; physical and mental threat aside, with Malcolm still in possession of an idol, it's more than likely he will be next on the chopping block. The question is whether Malcolm will sense this and play the idol...