by Faith-Ashleigh Wong
The rain has hit the tribes' camps and looks like it's here to stay. Hunger is something that everyone experiences as everyone gets hungry but it is tolerance to the weather and the elements that really puts everyone's inner strength to the test.
- Every season there's at least one "Survivor Couple". This season it's Malcolm and Angie. It's really a rookie mistake to make, especially if you're a fan of the show. It's Survivor 101; coupling up puts a target on your back. I suppose Malcolm can't help it – he got (ahem) booby trapped, after all!
- Jonathan found the Idol! Wow he is one smart cookie. I've got to say that "right under the nose" clue was a clever one; don't know if I would have been able to decipher that.
- Not that it was top on his priority list of things to-do, but now Michael has very little hope of getting his hands on the Idol with RC and Abi on the trail.
- I thought Abi's "if you screw me, your dead" outburst was a touch overboard. Over-reacting much?
- Poor Lisa, I really feel for her. Survivor really heightens everyone's paranoia, doesn't it? It was heartbreaking to see Lisa away having a cry and the tribe immediately assuming she was off looking for the Idol.
- Good to see Russell has changed tact and taking more of a backseat although ironically it was at the tribe's detriment. Once again, they struggled during the challenge and while I was hoping they might just make a come from behind, it wasn't too surprising that they lost again.
- Angie's "cookie response" is probably one of the best answers to ever grace tribal council in all the many seasons. She will never live it down, I don't think!
- I dislike players like Roxy, people who are supposedly Christian but are so bitchy! I thought Angie was a goner, but looks like the tribe saw her negative energy as more of a threat than a little "sibling" cuddling at night (for now, anyway). That, and I think what Malcolm said rang true; it was down to "what it is versus what someone twists it to be".
- I think RC will find the Idol. But if she doesn't keep Abi in check, Abi might hypocritically enough be the one to screw RC over and tell the whole tribe.
- Though they are down to just four sometimes having a smaller group can be more efficient. With one weak member down, I have a feeling the Matsing tribe might get a reprieve from Tribal Council.