Styling Your Skate Gear
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Cardboard to make your stencil
- Craft knife
- Spray paint
- Safety face mask
- Old clothes
- An oldie
WHAT TO DO:
1. Design your logo – draw your design onto
thin cardboard (a recycled cereal box works well) and cut it out using a craft
knife to make a stencil.
2. You will need to be in a well ventilated area, preferably outside for this step. Place the stencil on the area of your helmet where you want the logo then spray paint over it.
While you’re waiting for that to dry you
can get started on making a sticker version of your logo for your skate deck!
1. Draw your logo onto heavy duty sticky
paper and cover with duraseal to keep it well protected.
2. Get a pair of scissors and cut it out.
3. Trace the edge of your sticker onto the
grip tape on your skateboard in the location you want your sticker to go.
4. Then using your craft knife, cut around
the outline you traced on to your grip tape and peel the grip tape off. Your
board will now have a space for your sticker to go.
5. Carefully place the sticker into the
space on your board where there is no grip tape.
There you have it! Now you’ve got some styley gear to rock at the skate park!