WHAT YOU NEED:
- 400g lean beef mince
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup water
- 400g can whole tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups chopped field mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcester sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Olive oil spray (1 teaspoon)
- 3 large floury potatoes
- 75g Edam cheese
- Cherry tomatoes
- Trim Milk
WHAT TO DO:
1. Heat a little oil in a electric fry pan
and add onion, garlic, celery and carrot - cook gently until onions are soft
but not brown.
2. Add mince to pan and brown for about 5
3. Add tomatoes, stock, water, mushrooms
and soy and Worchester sauce. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer.
4. Preheat oven to 180°C.
5. While your meat mixture is simmering,
cook the potatoes. Peel and chop potatoes into even-sized pieces, cover with
cold water and bring to the boil in a large pot.
6. Cook until tender, then drain and mash.
7. Add grated cheese to your mash, blending
well with a fork and stir in trim milk until it’s nice and smooth.
8. Put two cupcake papers in each space in
9. Once the mince mixture has cooled, spoon
a bit into each cupcake paper, leaving room for the topping.
10. Spoon your potato mash into a piping
bag – you can always use a re-sealable bag with a small hole in it instead, then,
twirl the potato mash around the top of each cupcake paper as if it was icing!
11. Pop them in the oven just for 10-15
minutes and then add a cherry tomato on top.