Sammie & Stefan's Main
SHEARERS SAUSAGE ROLL & CRAZY SLAW
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Sausage meat
- 1 egg
- 1 apple cored, peeled and cut finely
- 1 celery stick chopped finely
- 1 dessert spoon of curry powder
- 1 cup of rice (we used quick rice in the microwave)
- Salt & pepper
- Flaky pastry
-1/4 cup of milk for brushing on the pastry.
- Half a red cabbage
- 1 spring onion
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- Flat left parsley
- 2 tbsp of grated cheese
- French dressing
WHAT TO DO:
1) Put the sausage meat, egg, apple, celery and curry powder into a mixer. Mix well
2) On a floured board roll pastry into one long strip (save some for the kiwi shapes)
3) Place sausage mix in the middle of the strip and spread length ways.
4) Brush water around pastry edges. Bring pastry up and join together like a parcel. Fold and brush with milk.
5) Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes.
6) While the sausage roll is cooking chop up the cabbage & spring onion finely.
7) Place it into a bowl along with the carrot, parsley, cheese and dressing. Mix well!
- Make sure you have someone older to help you when you are in the kitchen.
- Please note the microwave we use on the show is a convection oven. Always check with someone older before you put anything in to a microwave or oven to make sure it is safe.