Quail Adobo and Ginger Rice with Green Mango Salsa
- 4 quail, deboned
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and julienned
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup pork belly, diced
- 1/2 cup mangoes, small diced
- 1/2 cup shallots, small diced
- 8 ounces coconut vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch cilantro, grilled and minced
- 3 ounces sugar
1. Cook jasmine rice in water with ginger on low heat until rice is completely steamed.
2. Render pork belly with garlic and bay leaf until pork belly is crispy. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Mix mangoes, shallots and grilled cilantro. Dress with 2 ounces coconut vinegar. Chill and reserve.
4. Cook 6 ounces coconut vinegar and sugar until syrupy.
5. Stuff each quail with 2 ounces of cooked rice and sear quail on medium heat until skin is golden brown.