Popcorn Three Ways
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Paper bag (standard lunch size)
- 1/3 Cup uncooked popcorn kernels.
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons of melted butter
WHAT TO DO:
1) Pour the popcorn into a paper bag and fold the top of the bag over twice to close (Each fold should be 1/2 an inch deep, remember the kernels need room to pop).
2) Seal the bag folding tightly and then twisting the ends
3) Put the bag in the microwave and cook on high power for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the pops are 5 seconds apart.
4) Remove the bag from the microwave and open it carefully, avoiding the steam. Pour the popcorn into a bowl.
Now it’s time to flavour!
#1 SAVOURY SENSATION
- You will need 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley.
-While the popcorn is still hot, sprinkle over the Parmesan cheese so it melts and sprinkle with parsley.
#2 THROW & GO!
- You will need 1 tablespoon of icing sugar.
- Sprinkle the icing sugar over the popcorn and your sussed!
#3 PARTY POPCORN!
- You will need 1 tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of hundreds and thousands.
- Lay the cooked popcorn out on a tray
- Drizzle with honey then sprinkle the hundreds and thousands on top.
- Make sure you have someone older to help you when you are in the kitchen.
- Please note the microwave we use on the show is a convection oven. Always check with someone older before you put anything in to a microwave or oven to make sure it is safe.