Pop Up Cards
WHAT YOU NEED:
· Some strong paper or light card (cartridge paper works
· Safety scissors
· Crayons, coloured pencils or felt tips
· A grown up!
· First, choose two pieces of card that are exactly the
· Fold ONE piece in half EXACTLY down the middle.
· Use your ruler to find halfway point along the fold and
measure out a straight line halfway across – very lightly
using pencil so you can rub it out later.
· Draw a zig zag line across straightline and cut it out.
· Fold back corners away from zig zag, then fold them back and straighten out the fold.
· Open up card and push the corners so they fold inwards, then re-fold your card and press down firmly.
· You should see a snapping zig zag mouth! Colour in the second piece of card on back to make it the colour of
the inside of a mouth and then stick it to the back of the cut out piece.
· Now all you need to do is draw your face. It could be a monster face, a wild cat, a crocodile – whatever you like!