WHAT YOU NEED:
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) high-grade plain flour
- 2 Tsp (7g/1 sachet) dried yeast
- 1/2 Tsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 185ml (3/4 cup) warm water
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups cubed pumpkin
- 1 container light ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded fresh mint
-1 Tbs finely grated lemon rind
- Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Lemon zester
- Baking paper
- Baking tray
WHAT TO DO:
1. Firstly you need to make your dough.
- Combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and add water and oil.
- Mix until combined and a soft dough forms.
- Let it rise for approx an hour in a warm place.
2. Then you need knead your dough for about 5 mins or until
the dough is smooth.
3. Now to make the filling…
- Chop up the pumpkin into cubes and boil it until soft but
not falling apart. Boil the broccoli and cauliflower as well.
- Combine boiled pumpkin cubes, ricotta cheese and spinach
in a bowl to make a filling – add thyme and rosemary.
- Make an oval shape
out of a portion of the dough (roll it out)
- Spoon 250g (1 cup) of filling down the centre, leaving a
2cm border at each end.
- Fold in the sides to enclose filling slightly, leaving an
opening down the centre.
- Pinch sides of dough and fold over ends to seal. Place on
Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
To make the garnish, add to a ramekin of unsweetened yoghurt
some fresh shredded mint and a sprinkle of lemon rind and serve. Yum!