WHAT YOU NEED:
- Chilli paste (add to the desired spiciness)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- An oldie to help!
WHAT TO DO:
1. Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until
2. Once that’s done, grab your chicken legs and cut deep
slits in to the chicken (get an oldie to helps!). Make sure you use separate chopping
boards, separate knives and wash hands before and after dealing with raw
3. Rub the peri-peri marinade onto the chicken with clean
4. Now leave your chicken covered and in the fridge for at
least 2 hours- if you’re super prepared you could leave it over night to make
the flavours sink in much more!
5. Once the chicken is finished soaking in the flavours of
the marinade, put it into an electric frying pan at a high temp with a little
bit of oil and cook for about 5 minutes on each side to brown the meat.
6. Brush another 2 tbsp of peri-peri sauce onto the chicken.
7. Place the chicken it in the oven at 180c for 35 minutes
(get an oldie to help you with this!).