WHAT YOU NEED:
- 410g can of sliced peaches in clear fruit juice
- 8 Weetbix crushed up
- 1 cup wholemeal
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup low fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup apple sauce
WHAT TO DO:
This recipe will make 12 muffins, which is perfect because
you can share them with your family or chuck them in the freezer!
Before you start your muffin making, preheat the oven at 190
1. First up you need to drain the peaches…set the juice
aside to use later.
2. Now you need to chop the peaches into smaller pieces –
you can decide how chunky you want them!
3. Then mix together all of the dry ingredients except for
the baking soda.
4. Add the chopped peaches to this bowl.
5. Pour the low fat milk and juice from the can of peaches
into a bowl.
6. Then crack in your eggs, and add the baking soda. Whisk
it all together!
7. Now you can mix together your dry ingredients and wet
ingredients. Make a well in the centre of the dry mix and pour egg mixture into
the well along with the apple sauce. Make sure you don’t over mix your mixture
as it will become tough.
8. Lightly grease your muffin tray and spoon your mixture in
They’ll need to cook for about 15 - 20 minutes until they’re
nice and golden.Check them at 15
minutes and if they spring back when you touch them they’re ready – if not, put
them back in for a little while longer.