Pea Tee Pee
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Four bamboo rods, 1 meter
- Pea seeds
- Small plastic recycled bottles
- Your pre-made tyre garden
WHAT TO DO:
1. Cut four pieces of bamboo to length and tie then together
at one end creating a ‘tee-pee’. This will help the pea plants by giving them
something to hold onto as they grow.
2. Push the un-tied ends of the bamboo rods into your
garden. Make sure they are evenly spaced around the inner rim of the tyre.
3. Now to plant the peas...
- Push the seeds into the potting mix- up to your second
- Push a seed into each side of each bamboo pole (so you’ll
plant 8 seeds in total)
- Water the seeds well.
4. Lastly grab your recycled bottles and cut the bottoms off
of them. These will be great as little ‘Hot Houses’ and will keep your plants
warm, and help them grow!
If you’re down in the South Island
or somewhere that’s still getting
frosts, plant your pea seeds in containers inside and replant them outside in a
few weeks when the weather warms up.