WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 125g reduced-fat spread
- 1 egg, separated
- ¾ cup light condensed milk
- 2 oranges, finely grated zest and juice
- 2 tbsp corn flour
WHAT TO DO:
1. Combine the flours and ½ cup sugar in a large bowl.
2. Melt the low fat spread on a low heat for a few minutes
and set it aside to cool then add it to the flour mixture.
3. Now add the egg white.
4. Line your slice tin with baking paper.
Then you just have to press it into your tin and bake it for
15 minutes on 180 degrees.
5. Next you need to zest and juice the oranges.
6. Now it’s time to make the delicious orange topping. In a
saucepan, combine the egg yolk, light condensed milk, orange zest and juice, corn
flour and remaining sugar and whisk the mixture on a medium heat until it comes
to the boil and thickens.
7. The final step is to pour the mixture over the top of
your slice base.