Magazine Rubbish Bin
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Lots and lots of magazines
- Craft knife
- Hot glue gun and lots of hot glue sticks
- A large marker pen or something
WHAT TO DO:
To Make The Circles:
- Grab an old magazine and carefully lop off the spine using
a ruler and a craft knife to make a straight cut.
- Then do the same
straight down the middle, so each page of the magazine is now cut into two
- Grab a strip (one half page) and fold it in half 3 times, until you have a thin folded strip.
- Using a large marker pen (this will determine the size of
your circle) wrap one of the folded strips around the pen until you have a circle
(i suggest loosening it off a little so the circles are slightly bigger – but
- Sellotape the loose end of the circle.
- Do it all again….you will need a lot of these!!
To Make The Base:
- Start with a folded strip the same
way as you would make the circles.
- For the very middle of the base, make a circle as before
but don’t leave any gap in the middle…so it’s more like a spiral.
- Add to your centre spiral by wrapping strips around it
over and over – it should be getting wider with each strip (you should use hot
glue to connect the strips.
- Make sure you have the solid seam (fold) of each strip
facing up as you add it to your base (you want the messy,
rough cut edges on the bottom)
To Put It Together:
- Make sure you get an oldie if you need one, hot glue is
- Take your finished base and glue a row of circles all
around the outside edge of it.
- Create a second row by gluing more circles on top of the
- Keep doing this until you are happy with the height of