WHAT YOU NEED:
- ½ tsp unflavoured gelatine
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tsp glucose syrup
- 250g icing sugar (plus extra for rolling)
- Strawberry essence
- Pink food colouring
That’s quite a bit of icing sugar – obviously not something you’d wanna make everyday!But it’s going to make lots of love hearts so
there will be lots to share around.
WHAT TO DO:
1. In a small saucepan, heat the glucose syrup, water and
gelatine over low heat until the gelatine has just dissolved – then take it off
the heat and give it a stir.
2. Transfer your mixture to a large bowl along with 1/3 of
your icing sugar.Mix it all together
until combined with electric beaters on a low speed.
3. Add the next 1/3 of your icing sugar and mix until
combined again. Then add the last of
your icing sugar and keep mixing until you have firm dough.
4. Sprinkle some
icing sugar out on a really clean work bench and start kneading your dough
until it’s shiny.
5. You might need to sprinkle down a bit more icing sugar as
you go to make it easier to knead.
6. Now flatten out the dough with your hands, and add a few
drops each of pink food colouring and strawberry essence. Knead it through the
dough until it is mixed in.
7. Roll the mixture out to about ½ cm thickness onto a sheet
of baking paper.
8. Grab a heart shape cookie cutter and cut out as many
hearts as you can!
Once they’re all cut out, you can lay them out on a baking-paper
lined tray and leave them to dry out overnight.