Ice Cream Cupcakes
- 12 small
- 1 ½ cups
- 1 tsp baking
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup
unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp
- ¾ cup milk
- 50g softened
- 1 ¼ cups
- 1 tb lemon
WHAT TO DO:
1. First, make a stand for your cone cakes to bake in, so your ice cream cones won’t fall over in the oven.Take a deep oven dish (about 8cm deep is perfect) and cover it in a double layer of tinfoil, tucking the foil tightly around the edges of the dish.Then, using a skewer or chopstick, poke 12 holes in the tinfoil, evenly spaced apart.Then slowly poke the pointy bits of your ice cream holes through the holes – they should stand up straight with the tinfoil supporting them.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Cream butter and sugar until light & fluffy – use electric mixers if you have them.
4. Add in eggs one at a time to the butter mixture, then beat in vanilla.
5. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in three batches, alternating with milk.
6. Fill each of your cones ¾ full with mixture.Bake at 180C for 5 – 10 minutes – they will bake really fast so keep an eye on them and check every 5 minutes!
To make icing
1. To make icing, beat together your butter, sugar and lemon juice until it’s thick and well combined.You can add a drop of food colouring if you like.
2. To ice your cone cakes, use a piping bag, or if you don’t have one, you can use a re-sealable bag and snip a tiny corner off the bag to pipe your icing from.Starting at the edges of your cone cakes, pipe icing in a spiral towards the middle and finish with a pointy bit to look like a soft serve cone!
3. Then decorate your cone cakes to look like ice creams!Use hundreds and thousands, or make them look like ice cream sundaes with chocolate sauce, chopped peanuts and a cherry on top!