Hand Knitted Scarf
WHAT TO DO:
1) Create a tail with your yarn about 2.5 metres long.
2) Make a slipknot in the yarn and slide your hand into the knot
3) With your other hand take the tail and wrap it around your thumb
4) Take the active yarn (the yarn attached to the ball) and wrap it around your second finger to make a second loop
5) Then take your other hand and put it underneath thumb loop, over index finger loop and back under thumb loop to create your first stitch!
6) Then repeat until you have about 14 rows along your hand
7) Hold the active yarn in the same hand as your rows
8) Pull first stich over your hand and put it on your other arm
9) Continue to hold yarn in your hand and pull each stitch over and onto your other hand
10) Repeat until all your rows are on your other hand. You are just doing the opposite of what you were doing earlier….earlier you were transferring all your rows to your left hand and now we’re going the other way.
11) Pull first stitch over your hand and put it on your other arm.
12) Continue to hold yarn in your hand and pull each stitch over and onto your other hand
13) Take your yarn and do two stitches
14) Take one stitch and put it over the other then repeat.
14) Cut end with scissors.