Homemade Peanut Butter
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 bag of unshelled peanuts – you’ll need 1 ¼ cup of peanuts for this recipe
- 2 Tablespoons of canola oil or peanut oil
WHAT TO DO:
1. Start by de-shelling your peanuts, enough to measure 1 ¼ cups.
2. Put a pan on medium heat and place your peanuts in to roast. Keep an eye on them and give them a good shake so they don’t burn. You don’t need to add any oil because they have their own natural oils.
3. Now to get the skin off the peanuts, place them in a towel and give them a good rub.
4. Let your peanuts cool then put them in the food processor and grind until they are fine.
5. Add the oil and process again until very well blended; it will be quite soft at this point.
6. Lift cover and add a sprinkle of salt to taste.
7. Put into a container and refrigerate.
Here are some sweet ideas for tasty peanut butter snacks:
1. You have your old classic peanut celery logs! – spread peanut butter onto celery, option to put raisins on top as well.
2. Peanut butter dip! Combine yoghurt & peanut butter give it a good mix.
3. And last but not least peanut butter & banana smoothie! Blend all ingredients, chill then serve!