WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 ½ tsp dry yeast
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tb olive oil
- ¾ cup warm water
- Pizza Sauce
- Grated edam cheese
- Chopped ham
- Finely chopped onion
- Chopped mushrooms
F- inely diced capsicum
- Whole peppercorns
WHAT TO DO:
For pizza dough:
1. Combine flour, yeast, caster sugar and salt in a bowl.Add olive oil and warm water, and mix together to form a soft dough.
2. Knead out on a floured surface until it’s smooth and stretchy, then place back into a bowl, cover it and leave it somewhere warm until the dough doubles in size.
To make hedgehogs:
1. Once your pizza dough has risen, divide it up into golf ball sized chunks, and roll out into 9cm circles using a rolling pin.
2. Spread a small amount of pizza sauce on each circle – stopping about 1cm from the edge.
3. Mix your pizza fillings together in a bowl, then place 2 – 3 tb of pizza topping mixture in the middle of each dough circle.
4. Fold the edges of the dough circle up into the middle to make a parcel, and pinch to seal.
5. Turn your dough balls over so the seal is on the bottom, and shape into an oval shape.
6. Using a very clean pair of kitchen scissors, make small snips along the back ¾ of your hedgehog to make hedgehog spikes.
7. Press peppercorns in to the front of your hedgehog to make eyes and a nose.
8. Brush each hedgehog pizza with milk and place on a baking paper-lined oven tray.
9. Bake them in the oven at 200C for about 10 minutes or until they’re nice and golden.