by Faith-Ashleigh Wong
It's Britney, b*tch.
Considering the hype, I must say I am actually quite disappointed by this second Britney tribute – I much preferred season 2's Britney episode! But I get it: in season 2 the New Directions celebrated Britney in her heyday whereas this season was more about her fall from grace.
It was kind of refreshing to see Brittany under a different light – depressed and Cheerios-uniform-less – and there were even a couple of Brittany-isms thrown in so it wasn't all bad!
1. Rachel and Kurt reunited and moving in together. Loving the "BFF's for life" relationship these two have now! And how awesome is that apartment?!
2. Return of Lord Tubbington! Even though he has apparently joined a gang...
3. Tina, Sam and Joe's acoustic and "clappy" version of 3. I love simple renditions like this that just have the guitar and really great harmonies.
4. By no means do I condone violence but Brittany beating up Jacob Ben Israel (or as she calls him, "J.B.I") was probably my favourite scene in the episode! Clever little parallel to Britney Spears' real-life downward spiral (her "crazy" phase). The "Leave Brittany alone!" bit at the end was a nice touch to reference the infamous viral video by Youtube celebrity, Chris Cocker.
5. My favourite number this week was Marley and Jake's mash-up of Crazy and (You Drive Me) Crazy. It worked really well slowed down like that.
6. I also really enjoyed Rachel doing Oops!...I Did It Again. Slowed down and "sexy-fied" made it refreshing to hear. I also loved how the flashlights and tables were worked into the choreography.
7. Puck returning to give some brotherly advice – how the tables have turned!
8. Best line of the episode: "The only cure to loneliness is cake." You speak the truth, Kurt!
1. This may be a touch biased, but I don't like how much face time Wade/ Unique is getting considering Rory didn't get nearly as much (especially since Damian was the one won The Glee Project!). It also just seems weird that he is giving advice to Marley when really he also is a newbie, both to the New Directions and McKinley High.
2. There was so much hype surrounding this number but I really didn't enjoy Blaine and Artie's mash up of Boys and Boyfriend. Their vocals were great, which is to be expected, but I just found the performance really out of character and kind of awkward.
My Glee Forecast
1. Judging by that end scene, Rachel is (whether she fully knows it yet or not) falling for Brody.
2. There is going be some love triangle drama between Marley, Jake and Kitty.
3. The glee club might possibly have real repercussions to deal with from the "lip-syncing debacle".
This Week's Glee Playlist
1. Hold It Against Me – Britney Spears
2. Boys / Boyfriend – Britney Spears / Justin Bieber
3. Womanizer – Britney Spears
4. 3 – Britney Spears
5. Crazy / (You Drive Me) Crazy – Aerosmith / Britney Spears
6. Oops!...I Did It Again – Britney Spears
7. Gimme More – Britney Spears
8. Everytime – Britney Spears