Gerry's Fruity Clafouti
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bag of plums chopped with stones removed
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup evaporated nonfat milk
- Icing sugar for dusting
WHAT TO DO:
1. Preheat the oven at 190C. Coat a casserole dish or other small shallow baking dish with cooking spray. Combine plums and 1/3 cup of sugar in the prepared dish. Bake until plums are tender and very juicy, for about 20mins.
2. Meanwhile, whisk eggs, flour, vanilla and the remaining ¼ cup of sugar in a mixing bowl until smooth. Whisk in evaporated milk.
3. Drain the juices from the plums and blueberries into a small bowl, holding back the fruit with a metal spatula. Reserve the juices.
4. Redistribute the plums and blueberries over the bottom of the dish and pour in the egg mixture. Bake until puffed and set (between 12 to 15 minutes).
5. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately, with the reserved fruit juices spooned over the top.