WHAT YOU NEED:
- 600g plain flour
- 6 eggs
WHAT TO DO:
1. First of all – make sure your hands and your bench are both very clean!You’ll be using your hands to knead the pasta dough, and will need to roll out the dough on your bench.
2. Put the flour in a bowl.Make a well in the centre and crack the eggs into it.Beat the eggs with a fork until smooth. Using the tips of your fingers, mix the eggs with the flour, incorporating a little at a time, until everything is combined. Knead the pieces of dough together until you have one smooth lump of dough.
3. You then need to knead the dough with your hands for a long time until it starts to feel smooth and silky instead of rough and floury.
4. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the fridge to rest for half an hour.
To roll out:
- Divide your pasta dough into several balls.Flour a large clean work surface and roll out with a rolling pin until it’s nice and thin – somewhere between the thickness of a coaster and a playing card.
- You’ll need to cut or shape your pasta right away because it dries out very fast.1