WHAT YOU NEED:
- 185 g Butter, chopped (at room temperature)
- 170 g apple sauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 300g plain flour
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 20 blanched almonds for fingernail decorations
- Strawberry or Raspberry jam – for fake blood! Muahahah!
WHAT TO DO:
1) Preheat your oven to 170c. Then, using electric beaters (or a wooden spoon) beat together the butter and applesauce until it’s light and creamy.
2) Then add the vanilla extract – Mmmm
3) Next, use a butter knife to mix in the flour and milk until it’s all combined.
4) Then use your clean hands to gather all the dough into a ball.
5) To create freaky fingers out of your dough, take heaped tablespoons of it and shape it into ‘fingers’. Use your own to model them off! It helps if you make one end slightly skinnier than the other. Then use a toothpick or butter knife to press in lines where the joints of the fingers should be.
5) Finish them off with an almond fingernail.
6) Then pop them on a lined baking tray and bake for 10-12 mins at 170c – you want them to be golden underneath but still pale on top!