Fish 'n' Chips
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Egg whites
- Seasoning for chips of your choice
- A helping hand
- 1/3 cup of desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp low fat milk
- ¼ cup of plain flour
- 3 perch fish fillets
- ¼ cup of unsweetened yoghurt
- ¼ cup low fat mayo
WHAT TO DO:
The first thing you need to do is ‘parboil’ your potatoes, which
means to partially boil them. This saves cooking time on the BBQ later… here’s
how that’s done!
1. Clean the potatoes.
2. Put cold water into a pot.
3. Add potatoes into pot.
4. Bring pot to boil.
5. From the moment you turn the element on you cook the
potatoes for 10 minutes, then take out the potatoes and cut them into wedge
6. Cut the wedges quite thin so they cook faster but make
sure you leave the skin on for extra nutrients!
7. Slightly beat your egg whites and smear over the chips
(this is to make them crispy).
8. Then season your chips however you want them.
9. Lastly you need to cook your chips on the BBQ- get someone
to help you with this that’s a bit older!
1. Combine coconut, breadcrumbs and lemon rind in a bowl.
2. Whisk egg whites and milk in a separate bowl.
3. Coat fish in flour on a chopping board then shake off
4. Dip fish in egg white mixture then coat in breadcrumb
5. Place in a pre-heated oven at 220 degrees until cooked.
1. Add together ¼ cup of unsweetened yoghurt and ¼ cup low fat mayo.
2. Add a little chopped coriander.
3. Zest about 2 tsp of lemon zest.
4. Cut lemon in half and give a good squeeze – about a tbsp.