By Holly Roberts
This is the famed 'True American' episode where the guys play a crazy drinking game whilst yelling out the names of American presidents.
I've got to say this fictional game looks pretty damn fun. In interviews with the cast and writers it's been made clear that there is no real game behind this, it's literally what you see – the group standing on chairs, drinking and yelling.
But, New Girl being the latest cult show that it is, there are already a number of dedicated sites to this game. Print this out for your next party – and make sure you have lots of space… and chairs.
Aside from True American, there's a nice story about the progression of Jess and Russell's relationship. It turns out she has spent a week at his place and now they're having their first fight.
She must have been with him a while now, and it's interesting that we don't see everything between them. Instead the show focuses on the antics at the flat when she returns and the more comedic moments with the three boys.
We're also getting an insight into Russell's personality now and he's surprisingly laidback. I still don't think they are perfect for each other but they are better suited than it first seemed.
Top 10 Moments for this week are:
1. "It's like we're living in a romantic comedy montage" – Jess gets meta about her relationship with Russell.
2. Weird moment: Nick and Russell standing at the urinal together in their flat. Why do they have two urinals!!?
3. Winston can't leave Alvin! He's too cute: "It's 2012 Winston, typing is not a special skill" – Alvin
4. Russell is completely unfazed by Schmidt insulting him with 'My First Sushi' retorts and by Nick eating his noodles.
5. The boys' drunk talk about Nick's great ideas
6. Schmidt's "water break" whilst being tied up – what on earth are those two getting up to??
7. Schmidt's one liners: "You know what Cece and I like to do? We like to fight with our bodies. It's like a really intense game of capture the flag! I won't make you guess what the flag is"
8. "Haberdash on the fly!" – more Schmidt
9. The lighting on Jess' hair while she waits for Russell to arrive
10. "If you want to get with me you're going to have to get with my friends. And that is a Spice Girls song!" – Jess confronts Russell.
Check out the True American drinking game rules here!