Chicken Pot Pies
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 500 – 650g shredded chicken
- 2 cups sliced carrot
- 1 leek thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 cups frozen peas
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup flour (all-purpose)
- 1 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup trim milk
- 10 x sheets filo pastry
- Spray oil
- Rosemary (fresh)
- 8 terracotta pots (small)
- Tin foil cut into small circles to fit in bottom of pots
WHAT TO DO:
1. Preheat your oven at 180 degrees.
2. In a sauce pan combine a little oil, chicken, carrots,
peas, leek, onion and celery.
3. Add in any herbs that you’re using at this point because
it locks in the flavour.
4. Add a little water for the veges to soften in and cover
stirring occasionally for about 5mins.
5. Once veges are soft, slowly stir in chicken stock and
trim milk then add flour and pepper.
6. Simmer over medium heat until thickened then take off the heat.
7. Place a small circle of tinfoil in the bottom of the
terracotta pot (make sure you have cleaned the pots out really well before you
do this step!)
8. Spoon in the mixture into each pot.
9. Grab a sheet of filo pastry – spray both sides with oil –
scrunch and place on top of pot.
10. Place your pots in the oven at 180 degrees for about 10
– 15 min.