WHAT YOU NEED:
- 300g chicken breast
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup grated Edam
- 1 tin of Watties corn kernels (drained)
- 1 cup of peas (Watties)
- 1 or 2 Carrots (diced)
- 1 broccoli (cut into small florets)
- 12 filo pastry sheets
- Spray oil
* 6 – 8 cup capacity pie dish
WHAT TO DO:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Spray oil over a 6 – 8 cup capacity pie dish.
3. Heat a non-stick pan with a bit of oil and cook chicken,
sliced leek, chopped garlic and basil for 5 mins.
4. Blend cornflour and low fat milk then pour into the pan.
Gradually add chicken stock.
5. Add in the veges (broccoli, corn, peas and carrots) and Edam cheese. Season with
6. Spray a few sheets of filo with oil, scrunch them and
place on top of the pie.
7. Bake for 20 min or until golden brown.