Broad Bean and Mint Dip
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 350g podded broad beans
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup mint
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Sea salt
WHAT TO DO:
1. Put a pot of water on to boil (with the help of an oldie).
2. Next up you’re going to double-pod your beans. So that
means first taking them out of their pods.
3. Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and
drop in the podded broad beans.
4. Cook for about 2 minutes, then drain, reserving 1/3 cup
of the cooking water (drain this into another bowl with the colander).
5. Put the beans into cold water to cool for a minute.
6. Now pop the tender, bright green beans out of their skins
by squeezing gently.
7. Now for the flavour…heat a small non-stick frying pan and
toast the cumin seeds until fragrant, keeping them moving with a wooden spoon
so they don’t burn. Tip into a mortar and pestle and grind to a powder.
8. Now add all the other ingredients to the blender. Blend
until smooth. Then add the olive oil.
If you find your puree is a bit too thick then thin with the
most of the cooking water.