Bread and Butter Pudding
- 6 large plums halved and stoned
- 3 teaspoons of caster sugar
- ¼ loaf of slightly stale white bread
- Spreadable butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup of castor sugar
- 1 cup of cream
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons of white chocolate buttons
1. Cut the plums in half and take out the stones.
2. Put ½ teaspoon of sugar in the middle of each
plum and put in the oven at 200c for 15-20 minutes until they are soft and the
juices have run.
3. Leave to cool.
4. Butter the bread.
5. Cut off the crusts and cut into triangles.
6. Whisk together the eggs, yolks and sugar. Then whisk
in the milk and cream.
7. Butter an oven proof dish. Layer in the bread.
8. Top with plums and chocolate.
9. Pour over the custard mix.
10. Pour over any juices from the plums.
11. Bake for 30 -40 minutes.
If you want to cook this on the BBQ, butter a sheet
of non stick foil and shape it into a baking dish.