WHAT YOU NEED:
- ¾ cup brown
- 1 cup wholemeal
- Pinch of
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 25g unsalted
- Green fruit
- Selection of
chopped fruit like strawberries,
tamarillo, feijoa, golden kiwifruit
WHAT TO DO:
1. Mix together your brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl.
2. Add vanilla and eggs, and whisk in until it’s nice and smooth.
3. Add butter and mix through.
4. Leave biscuit batter to chill in the freezer for 5 – 10 minutes.
5. Spoon the biscuit dough into 8cm circles on a baking paper lined baking tray.Leave about 6cm between each biscuit.
6. Bake at 190C for about 10 minutes.
7. While the biscuits are baking, take some tinfoil and mould it into a log shape – you’ll use this to shape your biscuits into taco shells.
8. Allow the biscuits to cool slightly – they should still be warm, but cool enough to handle.Grab an oldie to help you out here!Take each biscuit and drape it over your foil log, and leave it to cool there.Once it cools down it will stay in a taco shell shape.
9. Chop your fruit up finely and shred your fruit leather to look like lettuce.
10. Fill your biscuit taco shell up – the fruit leather is the lettuce, the strawberries or tamarillo are the tomatoes, the feijoa is avocado and the golden kiwifruit is the cheese!