5+ a day Vegetable Soup
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2 zucchini (diced)
- 2 sticks celery (diced)
- 1 brown onion (finely chopped)
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 400g can brown lentils (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves (chopped)
- 1 lemon (quartered)
- 4 crusty wholegrain rolls (to serve with soup)
WHAT TO DO:
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high
heat. Add carrots, zucchini, celery and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for
10 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
2. Add tomatoes and stock to pan. Cover and bring to the
boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until
vegetables are soft.
3. Chuck in your lentils and parsley.
4. Serve with bread